Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Distraction Is A Distraction

Did you read that? A Distraction is a Distraction!

I don't know about you - but my story could be this.

I get up early, 5 am before most of the world gets
turned on. Before God turns the lights on, outside!
I have plans, I have a project scheduled to do
before the world wakens.

Coffee is perking, I turn my computer on, my
project to work on is on my desk also giving a yawn
and waking up to the smell of coffee.

Distraction.

My computer tells me there is an important
email from a colleague. Read it now. I do.
He has given me a link to another website
I really need to review - now. I do.

Distraction.

It is now 9 am, time for another cup of coffee.
And to make my wife her breakfast cup of tea.
She loves her cup of tea while doing the bathroom
getting ready for the day stuff a wife does.


Distraction.

It is now 9:45 am - must finish up the project
that my colleague directed me to before he
calls me about 11 am to review.


My personal to do project is patiently
sitting on my desk taking another stretch
and smiling knowing that sooner or much
later I will get to "her".

Distraction.

An hour with my colleague on his project
well, that was not the plan for today.
However, it was important.

Distraction.

Noon and I always eat lunch right at 12 noon.
Never a minute late either.

This day is going by quickly and really so far
all I have accomplished were the Distractions.


A Distraction is always a distraction.


My success following a system and
being focused on "this one thing I do".


The moral of the story - stay focused.


Walter


This one thing I do.

-

As Featured On Ezine Articles


-
-

-

No comments: